Friday, February 25, 2011

Pantry improvement!

Ok, remember this closet I rid of it's wallpaper? It was the large closet near the laundry room. When I looked at this house while it was for sale, all they had in this huge space was an ironing board and a couple of boxes....OH, we can do better than that! BEHOLD! The Pantry/ Coat closet!
Dad and Steve built the shelves, tore out the bi-fold doors and widened the opening making room for new white (6-panel) by-pass doors. Much better! That way the bi-fold doors won't take up hallway space or opening space anymore! Hazzah! I tell you! Hazzah! Steve told me yesterday that organizing closets was probably my favorite thing to do.....I'm pretty sure he's right (he usually is about me) There's just nothing more satisfying than starting with a blank area and dreaming where the maple syrup, noodles and pretzels should live! (answer: top shelf with baking goods, third shelf left corner with rice and beans, and fourth shelf with chips and popcorn) I could go on and on...and I did the other night when I decided (against practical judgement) to go ahead and transfer all our food goods into their new home! That's right new "home", because I like to believe that our food goods were trapped in a disorderly deep wilderness of a cubby and are now set free to be the displayed food goods they were meant to be! (No more buying a bag of sugar when we didn't see the other 2 in the back!)

Also, the pocket door is painted and hung in place! I went with a chartreuse green instead of the orange. Dad told us this solid wood door would be heavy and he's right, but I think when we finish putting a door frame and trim (and of course sheetrock), that it will be a good sound barrier from the laundry. Meanwhile, I'll just be getting a nice little upper arm workout (...I would only workout for design! You should know this people!)
...can you tell how excited I am? :)

1 comment: