Friday, February 4, 2011

First Felt Playhouse!

Ta Da! Je suis fini!
It has a welcoming front entry with porch light, a mail box pocket and cottage front door complete with pleated curtains! (for privacy you know...)
This property includes a darling window with a fantastic view, maintenance free shutters, and flower box pockets (the tulips are on clothes pins).
On the west side is a mature 'interactive' apple tree with a pouch to hold the velcro leaves (when they fall in Autumn of course).

So this project was a vast undertaking and I am proud that I was actually able to finish it, but all the credit goes to the inspiration here, where she sells them (custom to your table size) on etsy... and I must advise you to seriously consider purchasing one before making it yourself (if the latter, make sure you have plenty of muscle relaxer and aches and pains meds! Ha!) I had a lot of fun though, and it was well worth it! Can't wait to see my little friend Gigi (the birthday girl) play in it! (Also, hoping it holds up to 2yr. olds! :)

*Never needs mowing with this lovely green trim!

You should've seen me getting this bulky wad of layered felt into submission so I could sew the sides together! (Kelso, you would've been proud of me!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh...my...goodness. How cute is this. Gigi is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, You did a wonderful job, I love it! Can I have one for the grandchildren?

    ReplyDelete