Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ok, ok! Here are some photos :)

So it's been a while (I've been reminded ...Diane, Ashley :) ...but here are a few updated photos of our house progress! We've added a new patio door that's everything we hoped for! LOVE how it lets in the morning light! (not to mention how  I LOVE that it's no longer a faux stain finish) I also found more comfortable barstools that fit perfectly in our space! Aren't they so cute!





The column on the left of the photo is trimmed out and painted, along with ALL the doorway trims!!! Thanks to Lt. Commander Awesome Steve and dad for all their hard work the past month getting the space ready for a baby shower I had a few weekends ago for my friend. So when you're in our house there are no more 2x4's to be seen (whether that makes you happy or not I'm not sure, but for me = happiness! :)



Other favorite addition: matching bookshelves for the living room!!! Ta da! I designed them, and a nice builder named Jim Burges made them for us! (I have since learned that we have lots of books and I filled up those shelves in a matter of minutes...minutes people!) I am so excited about these that I just sat on the couch and stared at them for several evenings. Love how they flank the bay window too...it looks like they've always been there (...except they haven't, what's always been there were blank walls that looked lonely and bare, but now the puzzle is complete I think)

To quote Hannibal from "The A Team" : "I love it when a plan comes together."
or to quote our contractor's installer Johnny : "It's a beautiful thang!"
and finally, to quote my sister Melissa: "finally!"

No comments:

Post a Comment